Timeline

Fall 2020 Timeline

"Putting pull-ups on my business" 

Applying my economic and entrepreneurial knowledge to help prepare my business (and I) for take off, full time, in real estate. The goal is to go full circle here... recognize weaknesses, seek & obtain information, track my progress, renovate my business and finally... share what I've learned. Above all I mustn't forget to take care of myself. 


8/24/2020 - 8/31/2020

Explore project ideas and choose one to run with for the semester. Run the idea by Nancy and discuss anything else that comes to mind. Define a timeline for my progress on the project. Begin a blog to track any progress or ideation.




8/31/2020 - 9/14/2020

Choose, reach out to and mentor other agents and industry professionals. Take note of strategies or organization methods that seem helpful. Inquire about team structures, recruiting and training. 
        - People I may want to mentor: Dawn Brill-Cooper, Allison Whittaker, Shane Kuntz
        - Goal: 1-2 mentors/week



9/14/2020 - 9/30/2020

Choose, reach out to and coordinate meetings with appropriate persons to learn more about incorporating my business. Explore which incorporation type would best fit my current setup and what would be best fit for a team. 
        - People I may want to meet with: Oliver, Dane, Sandy Colins, Nancy, Debi
        - Goal: 1-2 mentors/week
        - Idea: Can I call my business a startup? I've heard there's benefits to it. Less taxes or something. 


10/1/2020 - 10/31/2020

Take what I've learned from the industry pro's and begin drafting my very own procedures manual. While working on the manual, consider taking note of any specific tasks I would want an admin to be responsible for. Focus on major procedures, work from highest to lowest priority.     
        - Procedures to consider: Listing Appointment, Buyer Consultation, Transaction Coordination 
        - October week 1: Finalize list of procedures, or my manual's 'Table of Contents'
        - October week 2: Create manual template, write a summary of each procedure on list, keep to 1 pg
        - October week 3: Put manual together, print copy, get feedback, make corrections/improvements
        - October week 4: Review mentor notes and my new manual, decide what work I would delegate to                                         new hire. Also address corporation plans - take action. 

If it is recommended to use a certain corporation type, file for it. Take whatever action is necessary to do so. Also do not forget to consider expense/payroll/tax procedures when creating manual. 


11/1/2020 - 11/30/2020

Create a podcast to capture and share the experience. 
        - Topics to Consider: mentor sessions, interviews, struggles, incorporation crash course, getting                                                  started in real estate, writing a procedures manual
        - Goal: Complete 2-3 podcast episodes. 

**I will add more detail to this section as time goes on and things unfold. 





Comments