Done

A Proposal.

First Interview, Grandpa. 


The first entrepreneur I would like to interview is very near and dear to me. While he may be a family member of mine, he is someone who I have admired and looked up to my whole life. I call him Grandpa, but everyone else knows him as Paul Herman Slaugh, Jr…. Or, Pete! 


Notice: He does not have any social media. Google search results below ~























He’s owned more businesses than I even know about, but that is one reason I am so excited to interview him. Don’t get me wrong, we have a great relationship; it’s just not every day that I have a good enough reason to be nosey about his business ventures! He has been an entrepreneur all of his life. Since May of 2019, when I started selling real estate, I have come to learn that he has touched the lives of what seems to be everyone in Lancaster. Whenever I’m speaking with another industry professional, the first question I get is— “Any relation to Pete Slaugh?”

 

 
The answer is always yes, but honestly I find myself wanting to say no sometimes. You see, I want to make my own name for myself, but I know the reputation he has earned the Slaugh name is priceless and I certainly appreciate it. Anyway, actually work for one of his companies, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Homesale RealtyNow, I think it’s important to explain that, YES… Warren Buffet owns Berkshire Hathaway. My Grandpa owns the Homesale Realty franchises of Berkshire Hathaway. There are 28 of them in Pennsylvania and Maryland. Wow!

 

  
Homesale Realty has quite a history. It wasn’t always part of Berkshire Hathaway; before merging with Buffet, his realty company was known as Prudential. Before that it was Coldwell Banker, and before that, I can’t remember! He’s had many different partners throughout the years, and simply becoming more familiar with the evolution of his Realty business is one of my priorities going into this interview with him. Another business of his that I know of is American Heritage Property Management (AHPM). This is a company that he created to manage all of his rentals in Lancaster.

 

 
All I really know about his background is anything to do with our family structure, plus a thing or two about Homesale Realty and AHPM. I do know that he graduated from Villanova with a degree in Economics. It was actually thanks to him that I attended Millersville in the first place, and soon I will graduate with my own Economics degree. I’m forever in debt to him for granting me the opportunity of higher education, as well as the gentle nudge to give Economics a shot. It is the most practical and applicable knowledge I hold today. Closely mirroring his life choices has provided me with a world of opportunities and successes. I plan to continue on this path. 

 

 

I know it will be valuable to interview him because he has more years of experience in real estate than I have in life in general. Every chance I get to hangout with him, I feel like I learn so much. I’m the type of person who loves to keep learning, and he is the type of person who has a ton of wisdom to share. Shadowing him would be incredible, but he has recently changed his title from CEO to chairman… so he does not really do much anymore, ha! Plus, COVID19 does not exactly permit shadowing. I have shadowed him in the past, and I would do it again the first chance I get! For a lack of better words— I’m looking forward to the interview.





A Proposal.

Second Interview, Juli Slack, Coming soon.



Here are some notes from interview with Julie.



 

Comments